Marketing Podcast with David Wood
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview David Wood. David is a former consulting actuary to Fortune 100 companies. He built the world’s largest coaching business, becoming #1 on Google for life coaching and coaching thousands of hours in 12 countries around the globe.
We all know about the elephant in the room – it’s obvious. But many creatures in the room are much more subtle. David Wood defines these creatures as mice. When we ignore our mice in the room, we separate ourselves from others, leading to disconnection, deadness, and often, misunderstanding. This directly translates to marketing, too. If you manage or are part of a team, your chances of meeting your goals and reaching your full potential diminishes.
Naming your mice is about slowing it down to the speed of connection so that we can actually relate with each other about what’s really happening in each moment. It’s about creating true transparency. In this episode, David talks about the impact of being willing to name our mice on our lives.
Questions I Ask David Wood:
- [0:54] What does a consulting actuary do?
- [3:40] Most people are familiar with the elephant in the room metaphor – so, who is the mouse?
- [7:13] A lot of what you’re talking about is about transparency – what level of transparency is off-putting?
- [16:23] I don’t think there’s anyone who disputes the idea that we can get more done, be more profitable, and grow more by doing less. But why is it so hard?
More About David Wood:
- The book he mentions: Name That Mouse – Because the Elephant Isn’t the Only Animal in the Room!
- The Checklist & Free Gift Basket Including a Preview of The Training Program
More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Wix Partners.
When your agency partners with Wix, you unlock an entire digital ecosystem for creating, managing, and growing your business online. So you can run your agency the way you’ve always wanted to. Get the full coding and design freedom to create anything your clients need along with the tools to manage and collaborate with your team seamlessly from anywhere. And when it comes to growing your business — you can get matched with new leads every day, and earn revenue share for every website you create.
They’ll all be backed by Wix’s industry-leading security and site performance. You’ll also have dedicated account managers on standby 24/7, so you can reach your goals and start setting new ones. Head over to Wix.com/Partners and reimagine what your agency can accomplish.