Empowering Nurses To Become NursePreneurs
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Catie Harris. Catie Harris, Ph.D., MBA, and Registered Nurse is the NursePreneur Mentor who has empowered thousands of nurses to monetize their knowledge and skills in business while inspiring them to change the way healthcare is perceived and delivered. NursePreneurs is a company committed to supporting nurses across the globe with their crazy, outrageous, and innovative ideas.
Catie found her inspiration for NursePreneurs while working for Walmart corporate. She was tasked with connecting nursing organizations and found hundreds of incredible nurses doing fascinating work around the world.
In this episode, Catie talks about how NursePreneurs came to be and how she teaches like-minded nurses to launch their own successful businesses. She has empowered hundreds of nurses to monetize their knowledge and skills in business, while also inspiring them to change the way healthcare is perceived and delivered.
Questions I Ask Catie Harris:
- [0:50] So I didn’t read it in your intro, but you are also a Ph.D. — so that makes you the rare doctor and nurse, doesn’t it?
- [1:14] What is NursePreneurs?
- [3:25] One of my questions was going to be why did you choose nurses – but that’s your background, so that makes a lot of sense. Is there anything particular about that profession that would give way to starting a business?
- [5:47] Are you helping people start side hustles or set up businesses that might ultimately get them out of the nursing picture?
- [7:35] Was 2020 a particularly tough year for nurses?
- [9:30] Are there some success stories from folks you’ve worked with that are some of your favorites or some ideas that really took off?
- [10:48] What’s the relationship with insurance companies inside of these kinds of models?
- [11:29] Can you tell me how your model works?
- [14:14] Is this your sole business or do you still do nursing?
- [15:07] Do you have a grand mission for how you’re going to continue to build your business?
- [17:24] Can you tell people where they can find out more about your work?
More About Catie Harris:
More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Wix Partners & Fiverr Business.
When your agency partners with Wix, you unlock an entire digital ecosystem for creating, managing, and growing your business online. So you can run your agency the way you’ve always wanted to. Get the full coding and design freedom to create anything your clients need along with the tools to manage and collaborate with your team seamlessly from anywhere.
And when it comes to growing your business — you can get matched with new leads every day, and earn revenue share for every website you create. They’ll all be backed by Wix’s industry-leading security and site performance. You’ll also have dedicated account managers on standby 24/7, so you can reach your goals and start setting new ones. Head over to Wix.com/Partners and reimagine what your agency can accomplish.
Fiverr Business connects your team with expert freelancers and provides a powerful workspace to manage all your projects and budgets more efficiently. You get access to a curated catalog of top outsourced talent in 500+ categories – already vetted for quality and experience. You can create projects, approve budgets, and manage your freelancing activity in one workspace.
They help you succeed by providing you with designated Business Success Managers to help all your accounts match the right talent for every task and make the most of each tool for success while providing priority customer support. Sign-up for Fiverr Business for free here.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND