How to Make Storytelling Work for Your Brand
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Kyle Gray, founder of The Story Engine. He and I discuss insights from his book, The Story Engine: A Busy Entrepreneur’s Guide to Content Strategy and Brand Storytelling Without Spending All Day Writing.
Gray has helped dozens of startups and small businesses succeed in content marketing. He writes content that educates entrepreneurs on how to build their businesses with content marketing, manage remote teams, and scale up their businesses.
Gray got his start as the content manager for WP Curve and helped expand the blog from a single contributor to a multi-person team of guest writers with documented systems and strategies. He helped the startup grow to nearly 1 million in annual recurring revenue.
Questions I ask Kyle Gray:
- How has your personal story influenced your approach to storytelling?
- How important is visual storytelling?
- What role does your audience play in your story?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why storytelling is a central part of marketing today.
- What people misunderstand about storytelling.
- How to do storytelling well.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Kyle Gray:
- Learn more about The Story Engine
- Buy The Story Engine: A Busy Entrepreneur’s Guide to Content Strategy and Brand Storytelling Without Spending All Day Writing
- Access the infographic
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow on Instagram
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by AXA Equitable Life.
It’s time we start giving life insurance the credit it deserves. That’s because life insurance can be so much more than protection for you and your family. It can also help you live, keep, and potentially build more cash value over time. To learn how, go to .
Disclosure: Life insurance is issued by AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10104 or MONY Life Insurance Company of America (MLOA), an Arizona Stock corporation with its main administration office in Jersey City, NJ and is distributed by AXA Distributors, LLC.