The Ultimate Content Planning Workshop
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I’m going to be talking about the final part of a three-part solo show Marketing Hourglass series I’m doing. In part one, I talked about the customer journey and the marketing hourglass. In part two, I discussed creating content that powers each stage of the customer journey. Then in part three, I’m wrapping up the series with what I’m calling a content planning workshop. Here’s part three.
Waking up on Monday and deciding what to write about on your blog is not a content strategy. Content is such an essential element in the marketing puzzle you must plan your content like you might your promotional calendar or budget for the year.
Taking a strategic view of content means you must understand the body of work you need to create over time to turn your content efforts into an asset that will serve your business long-term. In this episode, I’m wrapping up the Marketing Hourglass series with a content planning workshop. I’m covering how to plan your content the right way to align with business goals, objectives, and the customer journey.
- [1:12] The right content can power every aspect of the Marketing Hourglass
- [3:21] Content planning starts with coming up with monthly themes and creating a global sketch
- [4:27] What your content should be about
- [6:27] Breaking down your year to quarterly objectives and priorities
- [7:30] Example content objectives
- [9:12] Planning your content by quarter that supports your set objectives
- [11:59] Crafting your monthly content calendar
- [12:56] Planning makes it easier to delegate
- [13:31] The success of the plan depends on measurement and if your content is moving you towards your goal
More About The Duct Tape Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Monday.com.
There are a lot of tools out there to help companies get work done. We recently switched over to a tool called Monday, and we love it. Monday is more than just a project management tool. You can use it in many ways to run your entire business, marketing, sales, task management, even recruiting, and certainly project management. Check it out yourself here.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND