Building and Running a Growth Marketing Agency with Ellen Jantsch
The Agency Spark Podcast, hosted by Sara Nay, is a collection of interviews from thought leaders in the marketing consultancy and agency space. Each episode is designed to spark ideas you can put into practice for your agency today.
In this episode of the Agency Spark Podcast, Sara interviews Ellen Jantsch. Ellen leads the team at Tuff, a 10-person remote growth marketing team for hire. They team up with startups and small businesses to help them prioritize high-impact growth campaigns to quickly identify the highest ROI channel and then scale it.
Questions Sara asks Ellen Jantsch:
- What made it motivated you to actually take action and launched Tuff in the first place?
- What’s the difference between focusing on things like Google ads or Facebook ads versus positioning yourself as a full growth agency?
- You’re focused on revenue and not ad spends — what do you mean by that?
- When clients aren’t patient enough for strategy and long-term SEO growth, how do you get some of those quick wins in place?
- Are there some resources that you would recommend for other agency owners there?
- How are you determining what roles you need to fill before you’re actually going out and looking for these positions?
- Are your growth marketers the main point of contact for your clients?
- How many different engagements can a growth marketer run at once?
- Where have you found your growth marketers and channel experts that you’ve hired?
- What does a typical workday look like for you as the founder?
Where you can learn more about Ellen Jantsch:
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
"This training from Duct Tape Marketing has exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier" ~ Brooke Patterson, VanderMedia