The Three Dâ€™s of Being More Referable
This is a special guest post as part of Make A Referral Week 2009
Potential customers, fans, friends, family members, audience members, readers of your material, website visitors, and pretty much anyone else that comes into contact with your business needs to know three things:
1. What you DO.
For a living, as a professional, for companies, for customers.
- Ask yourself:
- How memorable is your networking intro?
- Is your positioning statement clearly defined and posted where everyone can see it?
- If a stranger asks your aunt Patty what you do for a living, will she do your business justice?
2. What youâ€™re DOING.
Right now, current news and projects, upcoming events.
- Ask yourself:
- Are people anticipating your arrival?
- Are you posting pictures of you working with your clients?
- Do you have a calendar, RSS feed or “upcoming events” section of your website and ezine?
3. What youâ€™ve DONE.
Past clients, past successes, whom you worked with, how you helped them.
- How many testimonials do you have?
- How many of them are in video format?
- When was the lat time YOU gave a referral?
REMEMBER: Do. Doing. Done.
LET ME ASK YA THIS…
How referable are you?
LET ME SUGGEST THIS…
For the list called, â€œ11 Ways to Out Market the Competition,â€ send an email to email@example.com and Iâ€™ll send you the list for free!
Scott Ginsberg is the author of seven books including HELLO, my name is Scott, The Power of Approachability, How to be That Guy and Make a Name for Yourself.