The 7 Stages of a Referral Generation
One of the keys to tapping the systematic generation of referrals is to identify and address the customer touch points that add up to lead a customer to the logical and emotional decision that your organization is referable.
I say this often, but it’s worth repeating – every person, place and thing in your business that comes into contact with a prospect or a customer is performing a marketing function. Your organization’s referability is being decided by the sum total of those contacts.
It’s so important to figure out the critical stages involved in developing a customer and then fill the gaps in every contact – by fill I mean, make sure that every contact is a marketing contact – and that includes things like delivery, customer service, even billing.
The 7 Stages and logical touch points along this customer referral life cycle look something like this.
- Know – Your ads, article, and referred leads
- Like – Your website, reception, and email newsletter
- Trust – Your marketing kit, white papers, and sales presentations
- Trial – Webinars, evaluations, and nurturing activities
- Core – Fulfillment, new customer kit, delivery, and financial arrangements
- Repeat – Post customer survey, cross sell presentations, and quarterly events
- Refer – Results reviews, partner introductions, peer 2 peer webinars, and community building
I suggest creating a diagram consisting of the stages above and mapping out every touch point you have or should have before you ever start dreaming about a world flooded with referrals.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND