How to Run Meetings Nobody Hates
It’s pretty much a given in most organizations – meetings are a necessary evil and that’s just it – they are evil.
The thing is – it’s not that meetings suck – it’s that most people suck at running them.
I often joke that the reason I work for myself is to avoid meetings.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Cameron Herold, business growth guru, Former COO of 1-800-Got-Junk, author of the best-selling book, Double Double. Cameron also recently released a new book called Meetings Suck: Turning One of the Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable. Cameron and I discuss how, when done right, meetings not only work but they make people and companies better.
Herold outlines the precise steps he takes to create and run valuable meetings.
Cameron knows all about how to effectively grow a business and is known around the world as THE BUSINESS GROWTH GURU. He is the mastermind behind hundreds of companies’ exponential growth and has built three $100-million dollar companies.
Questions I ask Cameron Herold:
- How much does an organization’s culture impact the way that a meeting is run?
- Do you have analytics on the increase in proficiency and profits that running more efficient meetings can bring to an organization?
- Is there a “sweet spot” in terms of an ideal length for meetings?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How setting clear expectations prior to a meeting can make the outcome more productive
- Why having rhythms are important and how they help improve communication
- What a “7-minute daily huddle” is and why it’s important for your organization
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND