In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Raúl Galera. Raúl is the Chief Advocate at ReferralCandy – an app that allows ecommerce brands to set up and run customer referral programs.
Talking about the things we’ve bought and the services we’ve used comes naturally and happens organically all of the time. There’s a lot of businesses who get a lot of referral business, but don’t know how to measure it or use it in a way to help grow their business. Referral marketing is a long-term strategy — but it’s definitely something businesses need to implement.
In this episode, I talk with Raúl Galera — Chief Advocate at Referral Candy — about word-of-mouth marketing, why using a referral system is important, and how to use it to grow your business.
Questions I ask Raúl Galera:
- [1:39] If a business knows that fundamentally our business is coming by word of mouth or referral —why doesn’t anybody do anything about it?
- [3:51] The number one complaint I hear from small business owners when it comes to referrals is that they don’t want to ask their customers and it feels awkward to ask them for help — how have you helped folks get over that idea?
- [5:36] Does automating the referral process get in the way of the required trust that’s needed?
- [7:08] What are your thoughts on incentives and does it change the motivation behind referrals?
- [10:15] Which do you think has a stronger appeal — products or discounts?
- [12:46] Does Referral Candy have some case studies of more traditional maybe even somewhat offline businesses?
- [14:59] How do you protect against fraud?
- [17:02] If I’m somebody who’s thinking about setting up a referral campaign, what are the steps?
More About Raúl Galera:
- More about Referral Candy
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.