In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jonathan Fields. Jonathan is an award-winning author, executive producer, and host of one of the top-ranked podcasts in the world, Good Life Project®. He’s also the author of a new book – Sparked: Discover Your Unique Imprint for Work that Makes You Come Alive.
We’re all born with a certain “imprint” for work that makes us come alive. Drawing upon years of research, experimentation, more than 25-million data points generated by over half a million people, hundreds of deep-dive conversations — Jonathan Fields and his team at Spark Endeavors, developed the Sparketype imprints and methodology that helps you uncover the work that motivates you and fills you with purpose.
In this episode, I talk with Jonathan about his new book SPARKED and how your Sparketype can help you discover, with far more depth, what sparks you, what drains you, where you stumble and come alive, so you can reclaim a sense of direction, control, and purpose.
Questions I ask:
- [2:07] In your new book Sparked, your contention is that we’re all born with a certain imprint for work that makes us come alive — are some people that also are worried that they’ll miss uncovering what it is?
- [4:52] Can you talk about the research that you did to come to your conclusions?
- [7:10] Can you walk me through the assessment and what went into the development of the assessment that you created?
- [10:34] How would you say this assessment differs from a StrengthsFinder kind of assessment?
- [11:52] You’ve looked at lots of results — have you started to be able to predict what someone’s results might be?
- [14:20] Can we unpack my results from taking the assessment myself?
- [18:41] Where can people take their own assessment?
- [19:33] I know my Sparketypes now — now what do I do with that information?
More About Jonathan Fields:
- His new book — Sparked: Discover Your Unique Imprint for Work that Makes You Come Alive.
- Find Out Your Sparketype: Take The Assessment
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.