Marketing Podcast with Erica Dhawan
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Erica Dhawan. Erica is a globally recognized leadership expert and keynote speaker who helps organizations and leaders innovate faster and further together. She’s also the author of a new book: Digital Body Language: How to Build Trust and Connection, No Matter the Distance.
Humans rely on body language to connect and build trust, but with most of our communication now happening from behind a screen, the traditional body language signals are no longer visible — or are they?
In this episode, Erica Dhawan talks about how to communicate and connect from behind a screen. When you’re on video, it’s much harder to not only see what’s going on and read those signals of others but also to show empathy. Erica shares a few practical tips around how you can create trust and connection, even on the video Zoom call.
Questions I Ask Erica Dhawan:
- [1:47] What are the distinct differences between digital body language and the body language that we’re used to sitting across the desk or in a room?
- [3:31] Are there body language differences or things that people should be paying attention to or watching out for?
- [8:07] What role if somebody doesn’t know you at all, you better over-communicate —is there a scale on that?
- [9:56] How do you connect with body language in the digital space?
- [13:36] What role do generational differences or even cultural differences play in a disability to communicate?
- [15:32] Is there such thing as digital mansplaining?
- [16:07] So what are the handful of bad habits that you see all the time that people just need to stop doing?
More About Erica Dhawan:
- Her book — Digital Body Language: How to Build Trust and Connection, No Matter the Distance
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered by Duct Tape Marketing
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network.
If you are a consultant or agency or coach, do any of these points ring true: do you have trouble getting in front of enough ideal clients? Are you constantly being forced to compete on price? Are you working too hard and not making enough money?
I’ve got a free book for you. It’s called the 7 steps to scale your practice or agency without adding overhead. If you want to grow your practice, it doesn’t have to be that hard. Download a copy for yourself here.