How Businesses Can Survive the Latest Marketing Rebellion
Today on the podcast, my guest is marketing expert, speaker, author, and college educator Mark Schaefer.
Schaefer is a globally-recognized speaker and author. He’s contributed extensively to major publications including The New York Times, CNN, NPR, Wired, the BBC, and CBS News. He is also the author of six best-selling books on marketing.
On today’s episode, Schaefer and I discuss his latest book, Marketing Rebellion: The Most Human Company Wins and how marketers can help businesses survive and thrive in an environment where the customer journey is dead, brand loyalty is gone, and customers have become the marketers.
Questions I ask Mark Schaefer:
- What is today’s marketing rebellion?
- Is there a way to approach customer loyalty—that’s radically different from what we do today—that would actually increase loyalty?
- Why hasn’t social media humanized companies as much as we initially thought it would?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why loyalty is over, and what you can do about it.
- Why you can’t be in a community, you have to be of a community.
- How to build an emotional attachment to people rather than product.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Mark Schaefer:
- Learn more about Mark Schaefer
- Order a copy of Marketing Rebellion: The Most Human Company Wins
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND