SEO for Growth
In my book SEO has risen beyond the tactic level to the strategic level – in fact, that’s precisely why I teamed up with SEO pro Phil Singleton to write a new book on the topic called SEO for Growth – The Ultimate Guide for Marketers, Web Designers, and Entrepreneurs.
The word growth carries a strategic element to this topic and as you’ll hear in this episode I think basic SEO practices must become a part of planning, messaging, editorial decision making and even to some degree the products and services offered by a business.
For today’s show the microphone has been turned as the host for this week is Douglas Burdett, founder of Artillery Marketing and host of the Marketing Book Podcast. He interviews authors every week about the latest in modern marketing and, for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, Doug interviews me and Phil Singleton, CEO of Kansas City SEO & Web Design. Phil and I are co-authors of SEO For Growth: The Ultimate Guide for Marketers, Web Designers & Entrepreneurs.
SEO for Growth is Your One-Stop Digital Marketing Guide. Marketing is no longer about mass-market advertising and outbound sales; it’s about capturing demand — grabbing the attention of people already looking to make a purchase or acquire specific knowledge. To do that, your content needs to be at the top of Internet search results and this book will explain it all.
Questions Doug asks Phil and me:
- Tell us more about the quote in your book: “We have heard grown men cry when hearing that their website is absolutely useless…”
- Can you explain why and how content is such an important part of SEO?
- What should companies be looking for and what are the red flags that stand out when looking to outsource SEO?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How SEO has evolved over the years and what technical and non-technical “tweaks” you can make to optimize your website
- Why keyword research, content and link-building are all critical components of SEO
- How incorporating an SEO mindset can help simplify the process and make you realize that it’s all about “stuff you should be doing anyway”
Learn more about our guest host, Douglas Burdett, his company Artillery Marketing and his podcast The Marketing Book Podcast. Find out more about our book, SEO For Growth: The Ultimate Guide for Marketers, Web Designers & Entrepreneurs, see what top influencers are saying about it and take advantage of the free downloads here. SEO for Growth is also available on Amazon – just click HERE. My co-author, Phil Singleton, of Kansas City SEO & Web Design, is a self-described “SEO grunt” obsessed with tweaking websites for search engine optimization and functional performance. He is also a Duct Tape Marketing Certified Consultant and co-author of the award-winning, Amazon best-seller “The Small Business Owner’s Guide To Local Lead Generation”
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way