Marketing Podcast with Scott Ingram
I wrote a book titled Duct Tape Selling – Think like a marketer, sell like a superstar.
Occasionally, I hear from salespeople who read the book and acted on the advice and the story is always the same – it’s a lot of work but the payoff is worth it.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Scott Ingram, Strategic Account Manager at Relationship One and host of the Sales Success Stories Podcast. He and I discuss why it’s important for sales and marketing teams to have a positive relationship and how they can work hand-in-hand.
Scott contacted me after reading and applying the ideas from the book and our interview is a testament to his application.
Ingram is no stranger to marketing technology. He’s been in the space since 2009 and joined Eloqua in 2011. After writing a successful book on Event Marketing, “Making Rain with Events”, he joined Relationship One and is now the Strategic Account Manager. As if that didn’t keep him busy enough he started our Inspired Marketing Podcast series and is raising two daughters. A true Austinite, he always wears his Rickshaw boots while remaining a data geek with his constant Fitbit data retrieval.
Questions I ask Scott Ingram:
- How can people effectively reach out on Linkedin?
- What does it mean to think like a marketer?
- What if companies don’t have the culture to include content in sales?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to involve customers in telling your story
- Why you need to provide benefits before you even start the sales conversation
- Why content is an incredible asset for sales people
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Scott Ingram:
- Learn more about Relationship One.
- Listen to the Sales Success Stories Podcast.
- Listen to the Inspired Marketing Podcast.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
- Email [email protected].
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
Are you an independent marketing consultant or an agency owner? If so, you may want to check out the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network. It is a growing group of independent marketing consultants and agencies that are partnering and collaborating using the Duct Tape Marketing tools, and really scaling their businesses. Check it out at ducttapemarketingconsultant.com.