How Reducing Friction Increases Revenue
Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I chat with author and keynote speaker Roger Dooley.
He is the founder of Dooley Direct, a consultancy, and co-founded College Confidential, the leading college-bound website. He’s been a serial entrepreneur since he left a senior strategy position at a Fortune 1000 company to enter the then-nascent home computer market.
He writes the popular blog Neuromarketing as well as a column at Forbes.com. He is also the author of the upcoming book Friction: The Untapped Force That Can Be Your Most Powerful Advantage (McGraw Hill, May 17, 2019).
On today’s episode, we discuss why friction can cause problems for a business, and how smart leaders can identify and eliminate friction as a way to distinguish themselves from their competition.
Questions I ask Roger Dooley:
- How can you reduce friction when you don’t know it’s there?
- Where can businesses start when they want to address user experience issues in their business?
- How do you reduce friction in a business with a culture that’s resistant to change?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How a smaller company can get an advantage over the big guys by reducing friction.
- What organizational drag is and the effect it can have on your business.
- How you can use friction for good when looking to change negative personal habits.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Roger Dooley:
- Learn more about Roger Dooley
- Learn more about Friction
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Follow on Facebook
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by SEMrush.
SEMrush is our go-to SEO tool for everything from tracking position and ranking to doing audits to getting new ideas for generating organic traffic. They have all the important tools you need for paid traffic, social media, PR, and SEO. Check it out at SEMrush.com/partner/ducttapemarketing.