Today’s podcast guest is Jules Pieri. She is the founder and CEO of The Grommet and the author of the book How We Make Stuff Now: Turn Ideas Into Products That Build Successful Businesses.
Through The Grommet, Pieri has helped makers to launch their companies. Along the way, she’s launched more than 3,000 consumer products since its inception in 2008, including some household names like Swell water bottles, FitBit, and SodaStream.
Pieri now speaks and writes frequently about consumer trends and technologies, design, and entrepreneurship. She’s spoken at HBS, MIT, SXSW, and the Conference on World Affairs. She’s been featured in numerous media outlets including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Fortune.
On this episode, we talk about what makers go through to launch their ideas, and how someone with a dream can turn their concept into a business.
Questions I ask Jules Pieri:
- What led you to start The Grommet?
- How is a maker different from a business person or entrepreneur?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes makers fall into when they’re starting out?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why you should always start with the problem you solve.
- Why to name your business after your vision, not your first product.
- How makers can circumvent the traditional distribution channels.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jules Pieri:
- Learn more about Jules Pieri
- Learn more about The Grommet
- Learn more about How We Make Stuff Now: Turn Ideas Into Products That Build Successful Businesses
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by SEMrush.
SEMrush is our go-to SEO tool for everything from tracking position and ranking to doing audits to getting new ideas for generating organic traffic. They have all the important tools you need for paid traffic, social media, PR, and SEO. Check it out at SEMrush.com/partner/ducttapemarketing.