On today’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I sit down with referral coach, speaker, and author Bill Cates.
Cates is one of the leading experts on how to acquire business through word of mouth, referrals, and personal introductions. He does training with business owners and corporations on the art of referral marketing, he speaks internationally on sales and marketing, and he’s written three books as well.
He stops by the podcast to discuss his latest book, Radical Relevance: Sharpen Your Marketing Message, Cut Through the Noise, Win More Ideal Clients. Today’s customers expect even higher levels of personalization and attention, and Cates shares tips on how to create a meaningful connection with prospects—one that can help you win new business.
Questions I ask Bill Cates:
- What is the meaning of radical relevance?
- How do you develop a value proposition that is appealing to your ideal client?
- Can a salesperson create radical relevance in their own discussions, even if their marketing team hasn’t caught onto the concept yet?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What three challenges we all face in trying to grow our businesses.
- What the difference is between your value proposition and your value positioning statement.
- How getting too creative in our messaging can actually lead to confusion and reduce relevance.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Bill Cates:
- Learn more about Bill Cates
- Order your copy of Radical Relevance
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
What’s their secret? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/beyondbf.