Stop Networking and Start Focusing on Relationships That Matter
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Scott Gerber. He is the co-founder and CEO of The Community Company as well as Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC) and Forbes Councils. He and I discuss his new book, Superconnector: Stop Networking and Start Building Business Relationships that Matter.
Gerber is an internationally syndicated columnist, author of Never Get a “Real” Job and co-author of Superconnector. He has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Bloomberg, Fortune, TIME, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, Reuters, Mashable, BBC, NPR, Forbes, The Daily Beast, CBS News, US News & World Report, Fox News, Inc. and Entrepreneur, and has been honored by NASDAQ and the White House.
Questions I ask Scott Gerber:
- What is a superconnector?
- Should business objectives drive why you connect and who you connect with?
- What networking habits do people need to adopt?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to understand if you’re a networker or connector
- How to balance traditional networking with virtual networking
- Why you have to make your networking universe smaller
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Scott Gerber:
- Buy Superconnector: Stop Networking and Start Building Business Relationships that Matter.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Follow Gerber’s co-author, Ryan Paugh, on Twitter.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND