In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview James Chapman. James is the Founder & CEO of Plain Sight, a localized, social networking platform that connects people with the type of people you’re looking for both online and in physical spaces.
The traditional way of networking is often random, awkward, and transactional. Plain Sight is the future of work connections. It’s a social networking platform that helps people grow their network with relevant connections based on their skills, goals, and interests.
In this episode, James Chapman and I discuss the problems with the traditional methods of networking and how Plain Sight aims to solve the existing drawbacks that other virtual and social media platforms have today.
Questions I Ask James Chapman:
- [1:03] What moment prompted you to decide the world needs another social networking platform and an app and build it?
- [3:01] So from a networking standpoint, what do you think has changed and how has the pandemic impacted it?
- [4:57] What role does Plain Sight play in solving existing problems other virtual networking and social media platforms have?
- [5:59] How does Plain Sight combat or filter out the kind of unwanted sales pitches people get all the time on LinkedIn?
- [7:06] Can you tell us about the virtual and in-person aspects of Plain Sight?
- [10:45] How people should think about approaching networking in general?
- [12:34] What’s the long-term plan and business model for Plain Sight?
- [17:02] If I wanted to get on Plain Sight as an individual or a physical space, where would you direct me?
More About James Chapman:
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered by Duct Tape Marketing
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network.
If you are a consultant or agency or coach, do any of these points ring true: do you have trouble getting in front of enough ideal clients? Are you constantly being forced to compete on price? Are you working too hard and not making enough money?
I’ve got a free book for you. It’s called the 7 steps to scale your practice or agency without adding overhead. If you want to grow your practice, it doesn’t have to be that hard. Download a copy for yourself here.