On today’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I sit down with Josh Slone, product marketer for Gist. Gist is an all-in-one software platform that brings together all of the tools you need to successfully run a modern business.
I can already hear some of you saying, do I really need automation and live chat and knowledge base software and event tracking? Can’t I just stick to old-fashioned email and call it a day?
The reality is that more and more businesses are harnessing the power of customer data and using it to deliver better, more personalized experiences, which in turn drives sales and customer retention. If you hesitate in embracing these tools, you’ll fall behind the competition.
Slone stops by to talk about all of this new technology: what it means for small businesses, why you need it to get ahead, and how to get started if you’re intimidated by it all.
Questions I ask Josh Slone:
- Do we really need all of these ways to communicate today?
- How does a small business owner achieve the same level of sophistication when it comes to personalization as a giant brand, like Amazon?
- How easy is it to create these workflows and automations?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to keep control of all of the many channels of communication.
- Why tracking behaviors can help you increase personalization.
- Where to start if you’re just beginning to undertake personalization in your marketing efforts.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Josh Slone:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Intercom. Intercom is the only business messenger that starts with real-time chat, then keeps growing your business with conversational bots and guided product tours.
Intercom’s mission is to help you provide simple, quick, and friendly service for your customers. When you can give your customers the one thing they’re looking for, you’ll generate amazing results for your business.
Want to learn more and take advantage of a 14-day free trial? Just go to intercom.com/podcast.