On this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I sit down with marketer, author, and speaker Rohit Bhargava.
He is an innovation and marketing expert and the founder of the Non-Obvious Company, which has spawned a number of books under that title, including the latest: Non-Obvious Megatrends: How to See What Others Miss and Predict the Future.
This is the 10th book in the Non-Obvious series, and it’s going to be Bhargava’s last. Each year, he’s re-written the book with new trends and updates. Typically, he has a year-long horizon, but since this is the last one, he’s going for broke and reflecting on the big themes over the past decade that will dictate what we must do in the future to survive as business owners.
Today, we take a look at how these megatrends are changing life right now—this isn’t a purely academic exercise—and how they’ll continue to influence the future. Bhargava is hoping that this book will inspire entrepreneurs and business owners to not only stay ahead of the trends he’s identified, but also learn to spot their own trends that will shape their industry.
Questions I ask Rohit Bhargava:
- Did you ever have a hard time coming up with trends for books each year?
- Are there hits and misses on your list of megatrends from the past decade?
- What do you do differently in your life now because of this work?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What content curation trends Bhargava predicted (and why those trends are still relevant today).
- What the process is for identifying seedlings of trends before others notice them.
- How someone can profit from the ideas outlined in the book.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Rohit Bhargava:
- Learn more about Rohit Bhargava
- Order your copy of Non-Obvious Megatrends
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Zephyr.
Zephyr is a modern, cloud-based CMS that’s licensed only to agencies. The system is lightweight, easy to use, and incredibly fast. And with an array of beautiful themes to choose from, you can get your clients’ websites up-and-running quickly and with less effort. Or, if you’d rather build a custom site, Zephyr includes agency services to be your plug-and-play dev shop.
Zephyr is passionate about helping agencies create great websites for their clients. To learn more, go to Zephyrcms.com.