On this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I visit with author and product and marketing executive Jill Soley.
Soley has been developing, launching, and nurturing products for nearly 20 years; she’s currently the Chief Product Officer at the agile project management software firm Obo.
Over the years, she’s learned a lot about how critical it is to bring together product management and marketing efforts. She’s brought together all of her learnings into a book, Beyond Product: How Exceptional Founders Embrace Marketing to Create and Capture Value for Their Business.
Soley hopes to help entrepreneurs who don’t have a strong marketing background find success for their products and their businesses as a whole. She shares some of her insights from the book on this episode.
Questions I ask Jill Soley:
- What’s the difference between marketing for non-marketers and regular old marketing?
- How does the go-to-market approach vary between services versus products?
- What are the five things a company must do once they’ve completed the early research stage?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why it’s important to get market validation and to do product testing with real potential customers (not just your friends!).
- Why it’s important to start customer segmentation early on in your process.
- Why companies need to start by defining their ideal customer.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jill Soley:
- Learn more about Jill Soley
- Order your copy of Beyond Product
- Learn more about Obo
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
What’s their secret? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/beyondbf.