The Agency Spark Podcast, hosted by Sara Nay, is a collection of interviews from thought leaders in the marketing consultancy and agency space. Each episode is designed to spark ideas you can put into practice for your agency today. Check out the new Spark Lab Consulting website here!
About the episode:
In this episode of the Agency Spark Podcast, Sara interviews Alison Hulsof. Alison founded Obok Consulting in 2020 after two years in private equity where she was responsible for getting businesses ready for purchasing and helping them through the acquisition process. Prior to her PE experience she founded and grew Behavior Care Specialists (BCS) in 2006. After growing BCS from a single client to 14 locations and over 100 employees, she successfully exited that business in 2018 with a 8 figure sale. In 2016 she was awarded the South Dakota Woman Owned Business of the Year. She has been featured at the Autism Investors Summit as well as the CASP Conference.
Questions Sara asks Alison Hulsof:
- Tell me a little about your background and story?
- What should one consider when first establishing a new business if the ultimate goal is to sell the business?
- Should you use your name in your business name?
- What are some processes or systems business owners should put in place in order to take a step back from their business and not need to be involved in the day-to-day?
- What advice do you have for business owners looking to delegate and outsource more of their role?
- How do you help people determine if their business is sellable?
- What are some examples of core systems that every business owner should have documented?
- What insights do you have when trying to determine the value of your business?
- Where can people access some of your trainings?
Like this show? Please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts here!