Live streaming video is all the rage – so much so that most of what you see coming from the medium is silly – look at me and look at what I can do – kind of stuff.
But, mark my words, this is a serious new tool and marketers will figure out how to make it useful.
You need look no further than the very big, expensive broadcast advertising campaign that Facebook is currently running to know that this is something they are invested in.
My prediction is that in 2017 this tool will become a pretty standard feature for anyone running groups, providing training, and looking for more personal engagement.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Michael Stelzner, author of books Launch and Writing White Papers. He is the Founder of Social Media Examiner, the Social Media Marketing Podcast, and the Social Media Marketing World Conference, which is one of the largest gatherings of social media professionals in the world. Mike and I talk all about social media marketing, specifically live-streaming – why it’s useful and how it can help you promote your business.
Michael is a master of online marketing. Over 20 years ago, he identified an opportunity in a growing trend, the white paper. He perfected the art of distributing content and quickly established himself as a leader in this market. Fast forward to today, Mike’s content on Social Media Examiner is followed by millions nation-wide and he’s a respected influencer of all things marketing.
Questions I ask Michael Stelzner:
- On Facebook Live is there a way to have multiple participants that are not in the same room?
- Do you recommend using a microphone, other than the native iPhone microphone?
- Is live-streaming a useful tool for events and conferences? Will we see it at the Social Media Marketing World Conference in March 2017?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What the difference is between Facebook Live, Snapchat and Instagram Stories and how to effectively use each of these channels
- How innovation and technology are changing the ways of social media and live-streaming, as well as some great suggestions that will help you implement these strategies
- What the limits and legalities are in terms of live-streaming and how to produce great live-stream content while complying with these standards
This week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing podcast is brought to you by magicJack for BUSINESS, trusted by a quarter million small businesses. Reliable phone service at an incredible price: plans from just $14.99/month per line – flat. Get two months FREE service when you sign up at magicjackforbusiness.com/ducttape. The first 100 listeners will receive a FREE IP phone for every line (each an $85 value)!