Storytelling Around Disruption and Innovation
Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I sit down with Michael Margolis, CEO and founder of Storied.
Storytelling has become a business buzzword of late, but there’s a lot of complexity behind the term. Margolis’ focus is specifically on storytelling as it relates to disruption and innovation. It’s often hard to tell stories about change—audiences grow wary or defensive—but Margolis helps leaders in Silicon Valley and other hotbeds of innovation make that change feel exciting and achievable.
Margolis is also a keynote speaker and the author of Story 10X: Turn the Impossible Into the Inevitable. On this episode, Margolis and I discuss his book and talk about what great business storytelling in the modern era looks like.
Questions I ask Michael Margolis:
- When did you realize that story is a tool you could and should use?
- What are the parts of the undeniable story?
- Does every person need their own individual story in business?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- The big difference between storytelling in business and storytelling in novels or Hollywood.
- How to talk about the future in a way that’s difficult, if not impossible, to reject.
- Why Margolis believes in Truth with a capital T when it comes to storytelling.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Michael Margolis:
- Learn more about Michael Margolis and Storied
- Order your copy of Story 10X
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
What’s their secret? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/beyondbf.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
"This training from Duct Tape Marketing has exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier" ~ Brooke Patterson, VanderMedia