The word hustle sometimes gets a bad wrap.
In days of old, it conjured up thoughts of getting hustled, as in a scam. Even today, its meaning can get lost in a work-all-day-and-night, Gary V kind of hustle.
But I think there’s a middle ground—more like Charley Hustle—the player that prepares, works hard, and wins and loses with grace.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Neil Patel, author of Hustle: The Power to Charge Your Life with Money, Meaning, and Momentum. He is also the founder of Quick Sprout, Crazy Egg, Hello Bar and KISSmetrics. Neil and I talk about how to find your passion and turn that momentum into a successful business that is both professionally and personally rewarding.
Neil knows all about hustle. Coming from a hard-working family, he has entrepreneurship in his blood and has helped companies like Amazon, NBC, GM, HP and Viacom grow their revenue. He was recognized as a top 100 entrepreneur under the age of 30 by President Obama and one of the top 100 entrepreneurs under the age of 35 by the United Nations.
Questions I ask Neil Patel:
- You break the book up into three sections – Heart, Head & Habits. Can you explain how this ties into finding your passion?
- “Hustle” can imply negative preconceptions; why did you choose this for your book’s title?
- What is the “10-Minute Rule” and how has it changed your life?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How exploring several paths, and failing at some, can reveal your true calling.
- Why stress is actually good for leveraging your career.
- How combining your “natural talent” with your other abilities can lead to a successful business.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Neil Patel:
- Learn more about Neil Patel here
- Buy Hustle: The Power to Charge Your Life with Money, Meaning, and Momentum here
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Rev.
Rev offers quick and accurate transcription services. Whether you’re looking to transcribe a video or podcast episode, want to record a meeting, hope to dictate a blog post or even a book, Rev can help you get it done.
We at Duct Tape Marketing use Rev for transcription of all our podcast episodes, and we have a special offer for you. Go to https://www.rev.com/blog/dtm to secure a $100 coupon for new users.