When and How to Sell Your Business
Today’s guest on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is business broker, owner of Peterson Acquisitions, and fellow Kansas City business owner Chad Peterson.
Peterson has helped countless owners get the best deal when exiting their businesses. He believes that if you spent years building your business, you deserve to reap the rewards when it comes time to sell.
He has a strong track record and a 90 percent closing rate, which is far above the national average of 11 to 25 percent. And he was recently featured in BloggerLocal’s list of the Top 10 Best Business Brokers for Selling Your Company.
In this episode, Peterson walks business owners through everything they need to know when they start thinking about selling. From settling on a fair valuation to approaching the right kind of buyers to their responsibilities and obligations to the company once it’s been sold, Peterson knows all of the ins and outs of brokering a successful deal.
Questions I ask Chad Peterson:
- Should everybody who starts a company have the goal of selling it?
- What are the nuts and bolts to valuing a business?
- Should owners start courting potential buyers before they’re ready to sell?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- The difference between a managerial and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Why you should use passion as your barometer for deciding when to sell.
- Why the three Ms can cause issues in your business and make it harder to sell.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Chad Peterson:
- Learn more about Chad Peterson and Peterson Acquisitions
- Order your copy of Swinging Doors
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by SEMrush.
SEMrush is our go-to SEO tool for everything from tracking position and ranking to doing audits to getting new ideas for generating organic traffic. They have all the important tools you need for paid traffic, social media, PR, and SEO. Check it out at SEMrush.com/partner/ducttapemarketing.
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way