Improve Your Business by Getting the Most Out of Your Data
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Jeff Sauer. He is a digital marketing speaker, professor, and Google Analytics consultant. He and I discuss how businesses that track and use data to get better, succeed.
Sauer is a born problem solver who has been creating on the web since he was in 8th grade. After graduating from college with a degree in Computer Information Systems, Sauer became a full-time Internet marketer in 2005. Since then, he has helped grow his company, Three Deep Marketing by 500% to $6 million in revenues, being named to the Inc 5000 list for 2010, 2011 and 2012. While working with some of the biggest brands in the world, his company has won numerous awards. Sauer was named the 2012 CIO of the Year in Minneapolis/St. Paul for emerging companies.
Questions I ask Jeff Sauer:
- What advice do you give to people to set up Google Analytics so that it’s not confusing?
- What are Google Search Console and Tag Manager integrations?
- How can you get rid of referral spam in Google Analytics?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to use Goals in Google Analytics
- How to navigate reports in Google Analytics
- How AdWords and Google Analytics integrate
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jeff Sauer:
- Learn more about Jeffalytics.
- Views the Periodic Table of Google Analytics.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
Are you in need of WordPress support? If so, I highly recommend using WP Fix It. They provide 24/7 instant WordPress Support and now have a plugin that allows them to access your WP install while you’re in it. It’s pretty convenient! Be sure to check them out.
Are you an independent marketing consultant or an agency owner? If so, you may want to check out the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network. It is a growing group of independent marketing consultants and agencies that are partnering and collaborating using the Duct Tape Marketing tools, and really scaling their businesses. Check it out at ducttapemarketingconsultant.com.