In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Michael Clinton. Michael Clinton is the former president and publishing director of Hearst Magazines and currently serves as special media advisor to the CEO of the Hearst Corporation. He’s also the author of a book we’re going to talk about: ROAR into the Second Half of Your Life – Before It’s Too Late.
We are living in a time when everyone is constantly reassessing what is next for their future. People who have spent years working are now seeing their industry dramatically evolve. At the same time, the post-career population is also going through massive change and dealing with the fact that many of them are not prepared financially, logistically, or emotionally for the next phase of their lives. And while we may want to retire, most of us don’t want to do nothing.
In this episode, Michael Clinton and I discuss concepts from his book upcoming new book ROAR into the Second Hald of Your Life – Before It’s Too Late. We deep dive into how to fulfill your dreams at any age and how to make the second half of your life happy and productive.
Questions I Ask Michael Clinton:
- [0:53] My first obvious question I have to ask you is – how old are you?
- [1:09] What is your favorite Hearst publication?
- [1:53] Was there anything that led you to explore this idea of making the second half of your life something that you would roar into?
- [5:44]I saw a whole lot of career change during the pandemic – like ‘now’s the time’ sort of energy was released. Do you think that that was always there, but it just got magnified because of the climate of the world?
- [7:14] What stops people from owning what their next chapter should be?
- [9:20] ROAR is an acronym for your four-part process – have you found a good, easy way to unpack that for people?
- [11:03] The reassessment phase I imagine is one of the hardest parts for most people – what happens if you decide that you’ve been on the wrong team?
- [12:05] What would you say is a common step that folks you talk to make when they are trying to reset things?
- [13:54] Why are people tuning out to this demographic that we’re talking about?
- [16:58] Where can people find out more about your work and pick up a copy of ROAR?
More About Michael Clinton
- His book: ROAR into the Second Half of Your Life – Before It’s Too Late
- Twitter: @maclinton
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Fiverr Business &Wix Partners.
Fiverr Business connects your team with expert freelancers and provides a powerful workspace to manage all your projects and budgets more efficiently. You get access to a curated catalog of top outsourced talent in 500+ categories – already vetted for quality and experience. You can create projects, approve budgets, and manage your freelancing activity in one workspace.
They help you succeed by providing you with designated Business Success Managers to help all your accounts match the right talent for every task and make the most of each tool for success while providing priority customer support. Sign-up for Fiverr Business for free here.
When your agency partners with Wix, you unlock an entire digital ecosystem for creating, managing, and growing your business online. So you can run your agency the way you’ve always wanted to. Get the full coding and design freedom to create anything your clients need along with the tools to manage and collaborate with your team seamlessly from anywhere.
And when it comes to growing your business — you can get matched with new leads every day, and earn revenue share for every website you create. They’ll all be backed by Wix’s industry-leading security and site performance. You’ll also have dedicated account managers on standby 24/7, so you can reach your goals and start setting new ones. Head over to Wix.com/Partners and reimagine what your agency can accomplish.