Marketing Podcast with David Meerman Scott
On this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I sit down with marketing speaker and best-selling author David Meerman Scott.
Meerman Scott has stopped by the podcast before to discuss a number of his books, including Marketing the Moon and The New Rules of Marketing and PR.
Today, however, he’s here to talk about his latest book, Fanocracy, which he co-authored with his daughter, Reiko.
While we may talk about the power of social media or a great email newsletter, at the heart of any successful marketing campaign is fandom. The love and loyalty of true fans is what keeps people coming back to your business again and again. In this episode, Meerman Scott shares what any business—big or small—can do to inspire that kind of fandom for their brand.
Questions I ask David Meerman Scott:
- How would you define the term “fanocracy?”
- Can you unpack the tenets of how you actually go about creating fans?
- What does letting go of control have to do with developing fandom?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What the concept of giving freely has to do with creating a fanocracy.
- What’s at the heart of building a fandom.
- Why creating closeness is critical to cultivating a fanocracy and how to do it.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about David Meerman Scott:
- Learn more about David Meerman Scott
- Order your copy of Fanocracy
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Zephyr.
Zephyr is a modern, cloud-based CMS that’s licensed only to agencies. The system is lightweight, easy to use, and incredibly fast. And with an array of beautiful themes to choose from, you can get your clients’ websites up-and-running quickly and with less effort. Or, if you’d rather build a custom site, Zephyr includes agency services to be your plug-and-play dev shop.
Zephyr is passionate about helping agencies create great websites for their clients. To learn more, go to Zephyrcms.com.