The Evolution of Networking and How It Can Benefit Your Business Today
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is John Corcoran. He is a lawyer, former writer in the Office of Presidential Letters and Messages for the Clinton administration and former speechwriter in the California Governor’s office during the Davis administration. He and I discuss networking (which is a topic I believe is worth visiting every few months) and how it has become such an amazing aspect of growing a business.
When Corcoran founded his boutique law firm, he realized quickly the flaws of trading hours for dollars and that he’d never be truly free. After years of trying, he figured out how to diversify his revenue streams so that he now has a dozen different income streams coming into his business.
His mission is to help unhappy professional services providers who are sick of trading time for money and who want to shift to “one to many” programs and offers.
Corcoran’s writing has appeared in Forbes, Lifehacker, The Huffington Post, Business Insider, Art of Manliness, Boost Blog Traffic, and Dumb Little Man.
Questions I ask John Corcoran:
- How can everybody be an expert in their field and what does that even mean these days?
- Is developing a niche the best way to go if you want to establish yourself as an expert?
- What’s your take on the value and process of mentorship?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to network effectively in the digital world
- Why podcasting can be extremely beneficial for your business
- How to outreach effectively in today’s world
Key takeaways from the episode and more about John Corcoran:
- Learn more about Smart Business Revolution.
- Learn more about Rise25.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Follow on LinkedIn.
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!