Communicating with Empathy in the Digital World
This week on the Duct Tape Marketing podcast, I speak with Dr. Nick Morgan. He is one of America’s leading experts on communication and is the founder and CEO of Public Words. As a communication coach and theorist, he has worked with leaders in the public and private sectors to perfect their public communications and deliver their message with clarity and enthusiasm.
He is the author of several books, including his latest, Can You Hear Me? How to Connect with People in a Virtual World.
On today’s episode, we discuss the focus of the book: how to best communicate in today’s digital world, which strips our daily virtual conversations of the emotional connection they would contain if we were always face-to-face.
Questions I ask Nick Morgan:
- What are the hurdles to working in the virtual world?
- Why is it so difficult to remain focused during virtual communications?
- What can we do to overcome the challenges that come along with virtual communication?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why the basic premise that the digital world leads to greater connection is an inherently flawed one.
- How we lose other’s intent when we’re communicating through virtual means.
- What effect the loss of empathy has on the decision-making process.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Nick Morgan:
- Learn more about Dr. Nick Morgan
- Learn more about Public Words
- Order a copy of Can You Hear Me?
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by CloudPhone! CloudPhone is perfect for small businesses: it comes with a free local or toll-free vanity number, lets you send and receive text messages on your business line, and works with any phones you already own. Plus it includes a ton of other business features like a virtual receptionist menu, call recording, conference calling, and voicemail transcription.
To help support the show, CloudPhone is offering our listeners an exclusive deal. Sign up today and get 50 percent off CloudPhone’s SMB plan forever. Just go to CloudPhone.com/ducttape.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
"This training from Duct Tape Marketing has exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier" ~ Brooke Patterson, VanderMedia