How Leaders Can Create Inclusive Cultures
Today’s guest on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is speaker, author, and inclusion expert Jennifer Brown.
She is the president and CEO of Jennifer Brown Consulting, where she helps leaders drive organizational change and create more inclusive cultures and diverse teams at work. Brown has worked with multinational brands like Starbucks, T Mobile, Walmart, and Microsoft.
As a speaker and author, Brown champions the concept of creating cultures of belonging where everyone can succeed. She is the best-selling author of Inclusion: Diversity, The New Workplace and The Will to Change and her latest, How To Be An Inclusive Leader: Your Role in Creating Cultures of Belonging Where Everyone Can Thrive.
In this episode, Brown discusses the importance of becoming aware of your workplace’s deficits in inclusion and taking ownership for your role in them. It’s only then that you can learn to move towards becoming an advocate for diversity and inclusion, and create a more welcoming, happy, and healthy culture within your organization.
Questions I ask Jennifer Brown:
- Why are we seeing a renewed focus on inclusiveness and belonging today?
- What are the benefits businesses are seeing from creating an inclusive culture?
- What are diversity dimensions?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How and why unconscious bias still permeates many organizations.
- The difference between intent versus impact.
- How to implement greater diversity and inclusion in your organization, step-by-step.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jennifer Brown:
- Learn more about Jennifer Brown Consulting
- Order your copy of How to Be an Inclusive Leader
- Listen to The Will to Change
- Take the self-assessment to see where you land on the inclusive leader continuum
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Intercom. Intercom is the only business messenger that starts with real-time chat, then keeps growing your business with conversational bots and guided product tours.
Intercom’s mission is to help you provide simple, quick, and friendly service for your customers. When you can give your customers the one thing they’re looking for, you’ll generate amazing results for your business.
Want to learn more and take advantage of a 14-day free trial? Just go to intercom.com/podcast.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
"This training from Duct Tape Marketing has exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier" ~ Brooke Patterson, VanderMedia