Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I visit with marketer, cartoonist, and author, Stu Heinecke.
He is a cartoonist for the Wall Street Journal and a founder of Cartoonists.org, a collective of well-respected cartoonists who donate their work to benefit charities.
On the marketing side, Heinecke has written several books centered around the idea of contact marketing. His first, called How to Get a Meeting with Anyone, and his latest, Get the Meeting! led the American Marketing Association to name him “the father of contact marketing.” He also offers marketing training and consulting services to businesses around the world.
On this episode, Heinecke shares more about contact marketing: what it is, why it works, and what you can do to create your own contact marketing strategy.
Questions I ask Stu Heinecke:
- What is contact marketing?
- Can a great contact marketing campaign generate a response rate above 100 percent?
- What is a pocket campaign?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What tactics are at the core of any contact marketing approach.
- What role remarketing can play in a contact marketing campaign.
- See several real-life contact marketing examples to hopefully inspire you to create your own approach.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Stu Heinecke:
- Learn more about Stu Heinecke
- Order your copy of Get the Meeting!
- Check out Cartoonists.org
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Follow on Instagram
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Ahrefs.
Whether you work for a big brand, run your own small business, or do freelance work—it doesn’t matter—getting traffic to your website is hard. Ahrefs is the all-in-one SEO toolset that makes it easy.
Ahrefs’ tools show you how your competitors are getting traffic from Google and why. You can see the pages and content that send them the most search traffic, find out the exact keywords they’re ranking for and which backlinks are helping them rank. From there, you can replicate or improve on their strategies.
They have a 7-day trial for only $7; head over to ahrefs.com to sign up.