Doing what you were born to do – that’s got to be the ultimate goal of anyone right?
And yet, how many, in the words of Thoreau, “lead lives of quiet desperation.”
Where does one figure out what they want to be when they grow up? Is it in a cabin in the woods?
Today it’s more likely by paying attention as you tackle the ever loving heck out of life. You don’t learn by thinking, you learn by doing and reflecting.
My guest for this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Chris Guillebeau, founder of the World Domination Summit, New York Times bestselling author of The Happiness of Pursuit, The $100 Startup and the new book Born for This: How to Find the Work You Were Meant to Do. We discuss inspiration, finding your ideal career and the World Domination Summit.
Cliché as it may sound I do believe Guillebeau may indeed be doing the work he was born to do as he build communities of revolutionary truth seekers look to do what they were born to do.
Questions I ask Chris:
- How can you find fulfillment within an organization of which you’re already a part?
- How do you balance taking risks with your financial obligations?
- What is the World Domination Summit?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How travelling and service work are valuable to finding your ideal career path.
- Why you shouldn’t seek a Eureka moment, you should instead focus on a process of discovery.
- Why traditional marketing tactics like a book tour can help with community building.
If you want to find what you’re meant to do, take the quiz at bornforthis.com/quiz. To find out more about Chris, visit his website at chrisguillebeau.com. To find out more about the World Domination Summit, visit worlddominationsummit.com