On this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I visit with keynote speaker, leadership expert, and long-time Kansas City broadcaster Joel Goldberg.
Goldberg has been a professional broadcaster for 25 years, and has been on the broadcast team with the Kansas City Royals since 2008. But he’s recently been bitten by the entrepreneurial bug and has expanded into the world of public speaking, where he shares what he’s learned about leadership and relationship-building throughout his decades in the world of sports.
Of course, sports and business metaphors are nothing new, but Goldberg has a unique point of view about what small business owners can learn about culture, based specifically on how he’s watched the Royals build a small but mighty organization.
Questions I ask Joel Goldberg:
- What’s the life of a baseball announcer like?
- How does managing the wins and losses on a sports team parallel the ups and downs of running a business?
- When you talk with business leaders, what are the elements you emphasize as part of building a championship culture?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How a focus on culture can become a competitive advantage for small businesses.
- What the single most important area of focus is in building a winning culture.
- An example of why there’s not one set of traits that add up to make a great leader.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Joel Goldberg:
- Learn more about Joel Goldberg
- Check out the Rounding the Bases podcast
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Zephyr.
Zephyr is a modern, cloud-based CMS that’s licensed only to agencies. The system is lightweight, easy to use, and incredibly fast. And with an array of beautiful themes to choose from, you can get your clients’ websites up-and-running quickly and with less effort. Or, if you’d rather build a custom site, Zephyr includes agency services to be your plug-and-play dev shop.
Zephyr is passionate about helping agencies create great websites for their clients. To learn more, go to Zephyrcms.com.