Building Stronger Connections with Colleagues and Clients
Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I sit down with Dr. Melanie Katzman, founder of Katzman Consulting and the author of Connect First: 52 Simple Ways to Ignite Success, Meaning, and Joy at Work.
Dr. Katzman is both a clinical psychologist and a business consultant, and she’s always seen a lot of overlap between the challenges her clients face in both arenas. Everyone wants to feel heard, build connection, and find meaning in their life and work. And the way that we communicate with one another can have a huge influence on the way we feel about our self-worth and our place in our personal and work lives.
In her newest book, she presents readers with 52 clear actions they can take in their daily lives to improve communications across all areas of their lives. On this episode, she shares some of the takeaways from her book, investigates how technology both detracts from and assists with facilitating communication, and discusses how to build clear communication across generations.
Questions I ask Dr. Melanie Katzman:
- Are you seeing a rise in disconnection as a result of greater reliance on technology?
- Is there a generational divide and difference between the way we communicate and interact with each other?
- Are there elements of technology that can help facilitate this human-to-human connection?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- The role that a commitment to personal growth plays in improving your interpersonal interactions.
- How to approach making changes to the way you connect with others.
- Katzman’s biggest communication pet peeve (and how you can easily avoid this trap yourself).
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Dr. Melanie Katzman:
- Learn more about Dr. Melanie Katzman and Katzman Consulting
- Order your copy of Connect First
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow on Instagram
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
What’s their secret? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/beyondbf.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
"This training from Duct Tape Marketing has exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier" ~ Brooke Patterson, VanderMedia