Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, writer, consultant and teacher Nir Eyal stops by to discuss his latest book, Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life.
An expert on the intersection of psychology, technology, and business, Eyal’s latest book is a look at what’s really at the root of our modern, distracted lives, and how we can begin to take control of the causes to find work days and personal lives filled with greater purpose and focus.
In addition to Indistractable and his first bestselling book, Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products, Eyal blogs on his own website, NirAndFar.com, and has had his writing featured in The Harvard Business Review, TechCrunch, and Psychology Today.
Questions I ask Nir Eyal:
- What are the three categories of distraction?
- Are some of our distracted behaviors just habitual?
- How do you turn values into time?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What role pain avoidance plays in distraction.
- Why the opposite of distraction isn’t focus (and what the opposite of distraction actually is).
- How to create an environment that allows you to live an indistractable life.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Nir Eyal:
- Learn more about Nir Eyal
- Order your copy of Indistractable
- Check out the Schedule Maker
- Check out the Distraction Guide
- Follow on Twitter
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Intercom. Intercom is the only business messenger that starts with real-time chat, then keeps growing your business with conversational bots and guided product tours.
Intercom’s mission is to help you provide simple, quick, and friendly service for your customers. When you can give your customers the one thing they’re looking for, you’ll generate amazing results for your business.
Want to learn more and take advantage of a 14-day free trial? Just go to intercom.com/podcast.