Your Attention Span is Shorter than a Goldfish!
Grabbing someone’s attention in the world of infobesity is harder than ever – and yet, if you don’t do it, nothing happens.
Networking in ways that help you connect rather than repel is more important than ever – and yet, most people simply detest the idle small talk that pervades the typical networking event.
My guest for this week’s episode is Sam Horn, “The Intrigue Expert” and author of the book Got Your Attention? How to Create Intrigue and Connect with Anyone. We talk about the short attention span of your customers and how to capture it.
Horn is smart, funny and perhaps one of the best connectors I know. Her book POP! sits on that shelf in my office reserved for the few books I turn to often for inspiration.
In our interview, Horn reveals a very powerful 3 step process for grabbing attention that can be used in any networking situation as well as a vehicle for creating great web page or ad copy.
Questions I ask Sam:
- How does one become an “Intrigue Expert?”
- How do you actually capture someone’s attention
- How can you apply these ideas to sales copy.
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why keeping someone’s attention is so difficult
- How to make an elevator connection, not make an elevator speech
- A simple 3-step way to capture intrigue and attention every time
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND