Agency Spark Podcast with Thomas Hess
The Agency Spark Podcast, hosted by Sara Nay, is a collection of interviews from thought leaders in the marketing consultancy and agency space. Each episode is designed to spark ideas you can put into practice for your agency today. Check out the new Spark Lab Consulting website here!
In this episode of the Agency Spark Podcast, Sara interviews Thomas Hess. Thomas and his wife run an agency called Mawazo Marketing. At Mawzo, they work with owners of B2B companies who want to grow their business. They help them with a concrete digital strategy, a website that saves on operational costs and an online marketing system that generates leads.
Questions I ask Thomas Hess:
- What’s the meaning behind the name of your agency?
- What inspired you and your wife to start your agency?
- How are you generating leads currently?
- You believe that there’s an opportunity for marketing consultants and agencies to sell with the focus on cost reduction versus simply promising leads – will you expand on that?
- How do you make a website more than just a brochure and how you make it fully functional for a business?
- When someone comes to you thinking they need something as simple as a new homepage, how do you approach this?
- What are the main pieces that you’re working on defining in a strategy engagement before you move into any marketing tactics?
- How do you educate prospects or clients on the importance of strategy versus just diving into an unrelated tactic?
- What really drove you to go all in on a project management tool?
- What would you say has been the number one value of creating systems and processes?
- What is one thing you wish you would have known when you started your agency?