In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Sarah Avenir, writer, researcher, and partner and CEO at &yet, a design and software consultancy that’s kind of hard to describe. Sarah wrote Gather the People based on a decade of research and personal experience as she’s tried to figure out how we can get people to care about our work without compromising who we are.
Sarah loves sharing and learning to figure out strategies that work for her clients and their teams. Sarah has been featured in publications like The Huffington Post, New York Observer, and Offscreen Magazine. Sarah speaks and gives workshops at conferences and for organizations like CreativeLive and the University of Pennsylvania.
Questions I ask Sarah Avenir:
- If you want to keep making something you love does someone have to buy it?
- Is there a lack of wanting to sell in creative people?
- What is &yet?
- What does it mean when you say the shadow side of strength?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- The challenges for creativity in business
- How to integrate different parts of yourself
- A framework for teams
- Why looking at your weaknesses makes you stronger
- How to believe in the ability to change how things are right now
More about Sarah Avenir:
- To find out more about &yet
- To find out more about Gather the People
- To join a free Instagram class follow @GatherthePeople
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by WordStream, online advertising made easy. It is so easy to waste time and money on online advertising. That is why you need tools like WordStream in your corner. Check out WordStream.com today.