Welcome to the Small Business Guide to Social Media
Facebook and Twitter and LinkedIn, oh my! There are a myriad of social media platforms for a small business owner to consider, and a different approach to undertake on each.
This guide will help you to understand all the ins and outs of social media for business owners: Which social networks you should be targeting, how to establish both an organic and paid presence, and how to engage followers and generate meaningful leads.
Full table of contents
Getting set up on the right social networks
Half the battle of getting onto social media is knowing where to invest your time. There is an array of networks to choose from, but they won't all make sense for your business. Once you've narrowed down your list, you want to create a strong presence on the platforms you do choose before you dive into engaging with fans and followers.
- The State of Social Media Usage in America Today
- How to Know Which Social Platforms are Right For Your Client's Business
- 8 Online Tools to Improve Your Social Media Profile
- Affordable Tools to Help Maximize Your Social Media Presence
- No One Cares How Many Followers Your Have: How to Properly Measure Social Media Success
- 10 Social Media Branding Strategies Every Business Should Follow
Social media and content
Social media is a place to create content unique to each platform and to amplify content you already have on your website. Blog posts, explainer videos, and even lighthearted content like memes and gifs can find a home on your social media pages. Here's how to create the best, most appropriate content to keep your social presence engaging and fun.
- How to Use Images to Enhance Your Content and Social Media
- What Goes Into a Comprehensive Social Media Campaign?
- 8 Tips for Creating Awesome Videos for Social Media
- 7 Ways Brands Can Connect with Social Media Marketing
- 8 Ways to Make Better Live Videos on Social Media
- 5 Visual Storytelling Trends that Are Shaping the Future of Communication
- 9 Best Social Media and Content Marketing Tips from Buffer
Paid social media
The best way to expand your reach on social media is with a paid approach. This includes everything from boosting your organic content to developing a comprehensive ad campaign targeted at those most likely to become leads. Take a look at the posts below for more on paid social across all the sites.
- The Comprehensive Guide to Social Media Ad Marketing
- A Quick and Effective Approach to Facebook Advertising
- Things You Need to Know About Instagram's New Business Feature
- 5 Ways to Supercharge Your Custom Audience
- A Guide to Facebook Advertising
- 5 Ways to Increase Facebook Advertising Reach Using Custom Audiences
- 7-Step Social Media Advertising Strategy to Better Performing Ads
- How to Integrate Paid Social Into Your Content Marketing Strategy
Organic social media
When it comes to building meaningful personal connections with your fans, there's no better way to do that in today's modern world than via organic social media engagement. Start a conversation with prospects and customers to get them excited about your brand and the people who run it, and watch those efforts pay dividends.
- Why Small Businesses Have the Social Media Marketing Advantage
- Is Organic Social Media Marketing a Thing of the Past?
- 5 Unique Ways to Engage with Your Fans on Social Media
- How to Bring Your Social Media Engagement Back from the Dead
- 10 Must Have Tools to Monitor, Analyze and Respond to Brand Mentions
- 9 Reasons to Implement Your Social Media Employee Advocacy Program Today (and the Necessary Tools to Do it)
- Tapping Into Your Franchise's Local Audience Using Social Media
- 10 Tactics to Boost Your Organic Social Media Reach
Social media and the customer journey
Social media is a powerful way to reach consumers no matter where they are in the customer journey. Whether they just discovered you or have been a loyal follower for years, there are ways to engage anyone who interacts with your social presence.
- Where Does Social Media Fit Into the Customer Journey?
- Powerful Social Media Outreach Techniques You May Not Have Thought Of
- 5 Myths About Your Clients and Social Media That You Should Forget Right Now
- How to Use LinkedIn to Generate Sales Conversations
- How Social Media Can Bring the Right Customers for Your Business Using Word of Mouth
- Weaving Social Media Into the Customer Journey
Hello there - you have found the bottom of the page! John