I don’t often wander into personal territory on this blog, but today I do. (How’s that for a warning.)
A few of my favorite things.
- Giggles – the kind that only children and grandpas can produce
- Books – Bird by Bird: Anne Lamott – just go buy a copy
- ESP – I love that my college sweetheart (and wife of 23 years) can read my mind. It makes communicating so much easier!
- Music – Moondance: Van Morrison – just put it on
- Today – I really can’t wait to get up in the morning – how did that happen?
- My Mom – signing hymns while hanging out the wash – I miss you mom!
- Pony Tails – my four daughters have taught me the value of a well placed pony tail
- Short Ends – Gates and Oklahoma Joes – is BBQ a food or a feeling?
- 3rd Base Coaches – if you ever think baseball is boring, just watch a 3rd base coach roll through signs to a hitter
- Libraries – there’s nothing like the smell of thousands of old, well-read books
- Meatloaf – never place your complete trust in someone who can’t cook a mean one
- Moleskin – those little unruled notebooks favored by artists and writers alike
- Tulamore Dew – cheap and infinitely drinkable Irish Whiskey.
- Rain – we all need a little cleansing from time to time
- B & G – yes, I’m talking about Biscuits and Gravy from the kind of place that lists gravy as a beverage
- Manners – I often forget mine, then a teenager blows me away with theirs
- Smiles – the kind you can hear
- Guild Guitars – D35, bright and bold and all trebley
- Labrador Retrievers – the world’s happiest dog
Thanks for taking the time to read this silly little blog of mine!