Finding Hope and Happiness in a Pessimistic World
This week on the podcast, I chat with best-selling author, blogger, and internet entrepreneur Mark Manson.
Manson is the author of the New York Times’ best-seller, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck. He’s described it as “a self-help book for people who hate self-help.” The book has sold over 8 million copies and has been translated into 25 languages.
Today we discuss his latest book, Everything is F*cked: A Book About Hope. Manson shares his tips for finding happiness and optimism in an unstable, pessimistic world.
Questions I ask Mark Manson:
- With all of the issues in the world, has cursing become trifling?
- You say that the opposite of happiness is hopelessness. How do we wrestle with that?
- What are the benefits to suffering?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why we have such a difficult time acting on all of the things that we want for our lives.
- What mental habits we have that are having a negative effect on our psyches.
- Why a little bit of boredom is a good thing.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Mark Manson:
- Learn more about Mark Manson
- Order a copy of Everything is F*ucked: A Book About Hope
- Order a copy of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by ZeroBounce.
Email is still an important marketing channel, but it’s gotten harder to get into inboxes. ZeroBounce is an email verification system that will validate your opt-ins. They integrate with all of the major services you’re already using like MailChimp and HubSpot. Check them out at ZeroBounce.net.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND