Email marketing research keynote
I am attending the Marketing Sherpa Email Summit in Miami today and will be making frequent mobile posts from the sessions.
Stephan Tornquist from Marketing Sherpa opened the conference with some research findings.
- Email marketing’s picture in general is fading because getting through to swamped email boxes has gotten much harder, open rates at 25%
- Users of full service email marketing services are generally more successful – list segmentation is the key
- Shorten subject lines – 2 and 3 words increase open rates – see Seth Godin’s blog post titles
- Vary your templates – move ads and content blocks around to help with ad fatigue.
- You can double your media buy or start testing – effective landing pages are the key to driving conversion. Conversion rate is the key metric
- Content is more important than frequency
Any open rate tips you’ve found that are working for you right now?
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way