Duct Tape Review: AWeber
For this review I have chosen a marketing meat and potatoes kind of tool – the autoresponder. I know there’s nothing Web 2.0 flashy cool about a system that sends email, but effective email marketing is and always will be a key marketing strategy.
AWeber Systems has done what few other autoresponder services have done in my opinion. They’ve updated their system, changed with the times, adopted new technologies, such as RSS and, in effect, remained a very useful tool.
At the heart of AWeber is the follow-up autoresponder that allows you to create email message campaigns and automatically send follow-up messages to subscribers. I also use AWeber to send out my weekly HTML newsletter.
The things that set AWeber apart are:
- They aggressively weed out spammers that hurt all legitimate marketing
- They achieve over 99% deliverability of email
- They offer unlimited lists, follow-ups and newsletters
- They have added RSS distribution and archiving
- They offer a variety of very easy to use sign-up forms
- They offer email distribution of your RSS feed – you can actually send your blog posts to email subscribers
The basic service is $19.95 per month and they offer a 30 day money back guarantee.
AWeber gets my 5 rolls recommendation –
Automation and consistent follow-up are critical marketing tactics. Using AWeber’s autoresponder system gives you both.