Today’s guest on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Jamie Lieberman, Esq, founder of Hashtag Legal.
Lieberman started her legal career more than 15 years ago in New York City, where she worked as a commercial litigator for a major global firm and for a Federal District Judge on criminal and civil cases.
But she never felt like the traditional law path was the right fit for her, so she decided to leave her job. While getting a handle on her freelance law career, she started blogging. She had previously run a blog about life in New York City that had gained a following, and she returned to the world of blogging just as some bloggers were beginning to make money (in the pre-influencer world).
She worked for a company that ran conferences for bloggers, who asked her to give a talk on legal issues that bloggers face. That talk was the seed that blossomed into Hashtag Legal. Her firm is now an all-female, virtual law office focused on serving influencers, creatives, entrepreneurs, service providers, and marketers.
Today on the podcast, Lieberman discusses the ins and outs of internet law, from how to draw up a contract that protects creatives but keeps their clients happy, to how small businesses should navigate privacy laws like GDPR.
Questions I ask Jamie Lieberman:
- What led you to found Hashtag Legal?
- People are used to hiring a lawyer when something bad happens; are there things small business owners should do proactively before things go wrong?
- Where do you see legal issues popping up with respect to employees?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to create a contract that doesn’t scare off your clients.
- Where small business owners often run into legal issues.
- How privacy laws like CCPA and GDPR really affect small businesses.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jamie Lieberman:
- Learn more about Jamie Lieberman and Hashtag Legal
- Listen to The FearLess Business Podcast
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Email Jamie directly
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Zephyr.
Zephyr is a modern, cloud-based CMS that’s licensed only to agencies. The system is lightweight, easy to use, and incredibly fast. And with an array of beautiful themes to choose from, you can get your clients’ websites up-and-running quickly and with less effort. Or, if you’d rather build a custom site, Zephyr includes agency services to be your plug-and-play dev shop.
Zephyr is passionate about helping agencies create great websites for their clients. To learn more, go to Zephyrcms.com.