An Over The Fence Referral System
This happens every day in every neighborhood in America.
I was grilling some steaks last Saturday when a new neighbor leaned over our adjoining fence to introduce herself. We chatted for a moment and our dogs got to know one another and then she asked me who I used as a vet. (The Over the Fence Referral!)
As it turns out I love my dog’s vet and would recommend him to anyone who asked. (That’s Steve White at Fairway Animal Hospital)
But, here is where it gets interesting.
About a week later I got a letter in the mail from Fairway Animal Hospital letting me know that I had received a $10 credit on my account because I had referred my new neighbor Lynn to their practice.
Okay, let’s recap what when on.
- My vet asks every new client where they came from. Simple as this is, it’s the key to his system.
- I get some appreciation for sending a referral
- I got a marketing contact from my vet
- I tell my new neighbor about the referral credit
- She refers new clients too
It’s not rocket science people. It’s a system.
You can see the exact letter I got from my vet along with many more referral marketing examples by visiting Referral Flood