Is There Such a Thing As Work-Life Balance?
Ah, yes, balance, now there’s a goal.
But as a small business owner is it even possible?
No, I don’t think so, at least not in the traditional 2 + 2 = 4 kind of way.
Balance for me is less about accounting for where you spend your time and more about how you spend your time and how that makes you feel.
So in that sense, you sure better love the work you are doing because you may spend more time at the best and worst job on the planet.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Carrie Wilkerson, speaker, consultant, author of the bestselling book The Barefoot Executive, and founder of CarrieWilkerson.com. We discuss work-life balance, managing stress and taking control of your life.
Questions I ask Carrie:
- What does it mean to have the perfect work-life balance?
- How can you remove the guilt cloud of the “Should-have-dones” off your mind?
- How can you avoid the fear of missing out?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How modern lifestyle changes have added to this concept of work-life balance
- Why work stress may affect women more than men
- How to implement the discipline necessary to be more productive
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by FreshBooks, small business accounting software for non-accountants. Freshbooks is offering a free month of unrestricted access just for Duct Tape Marketing podcast listeners. You don’t even need a credit card to register. To get your free month, go to freshbooks.com/ducttape and enter DuctTape in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
"This training from Duct Tape Marketing has exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier" ~ Brooke Patterson, VanderMedia