This week on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I chat with Dan Schawbel. He is a New York Times bestselling author, partner and research director at Future Workplace, and founder of both WorkplaceTrends.com and Millennial Branding. His forthcoming book, Back to Human: How Great Leaders Create Connection in the Age of Isolation, is about how technology that seems to bring us together has actually left workers feeling more isolated, and what leaders can do to re-engage and re-energize their teams. It’s the content from this book that we discuss on the podcast.
Schawbel’s writing has been featured in numerous publications including Forbes, TIME, The Economist, The Harvard Business Review, and The Guardian.
He has been recognized on both Forbes‘ and Inc.‘s “30 Under 30” lists, as well as Business Insider‘s “40 Under 40,” and was one of BusinessWeek‘s “20 Entrepreneurs You Should Follow.”
Questions I ask Dan Schawbel:
- How do you carve out the time for shared learning?
- What is the Work Connectivity Index?
- What’s the secret to generating publicity for your work?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What the unseen downside of remote work is, and why it can make employees less committed
- How turning your employees into teachers can help create a sense of community
- Why using social media and building your own platform is the best way to get your voice out there
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Dan Schawbel:
- Learn more about Dan Schawbel
- Order your copy of Back to Human, and read the introduction for free
- Listen to Five Questions with Dan Schawbel podcast
- Take Dan’s LinkedIn Learning Course
- Listen to his Podcast
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Follow on Instagram
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Gusto! Payroll and benefits are hard. Especially when you’re a small business. Gusto is making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses. You no longer have to be a big company to get great technology, great benefits, and great service to take care of your team.
To help support the show, Gusto is offering our listeners an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today, and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/TAPE.